APGA would like to update members on our response to COVID-19, also referred to as the Coronavirus. APGA continues to closely monitor the situation. Our focus during these times will be to support our members in any way we can to help them navigate the COVID-19 related challenges they are facing. Recent APGA activities surrounding this issue are:
- APGA has created a virtual roundtable that is held at 11:00 AM ET every Monday, Wednesday and Friday dedicated to discussing the COVID-19 situation and how it is impacting daily natural gas distribution operations. Starting April 6, the Virtual Roundtable schedule will be twice a week and held at 11:00 AM ET every Monday and Wednesday. The dial-in information is available on the APGA Community here.
- APGA staff is participating on calls with both industry and government partners through the Oil and Natural Gas Subsector Coordinating Council (ONG SCC) and the Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council (ESCC). The focus is to ensure consistency among utility response and activities, such as accessing customer homes, as well as to inform the government on company efforts and any needs. Check out this updated Resource Guide developed in collaboration with the ESCC.
- On March 11, APGA held a webinar addressing utility emergency preparedness and response plans to help our members prepare for pandemic planning. The webinar can be viewed at www.apga.org/webinars.
- A statement template for members to use when communicating with customers is now available for members to use, personalize and modify.
- APGA has created www.apga.org/COVID for members to find various resources related to COVID-19 including the statement template.
In an effort to limit the potential spread of COVID-19, a decision has been made to postpone the first week of the APGA Membership Tour, which was scheduled to begin on March 30. Please visit www.apga.org/membertour
for any updates.
A decision has been made to cancel the APGA Spring Board and Committee Meetings and Member Meetings on the Hill, which were scheduled for May 3-5 at The Alexandrian in Alexandria, Va. The Alexandrian will be processing cancellations for all reservations made within the APGA room block, so if you have made a reservation you do not need to contact the hotel to cancel. If you would like to check the status of your room reservation, please call The Alexandrian at 1-703-549-6080. While we are disappointed that we will not be able to see you in-person, plans are underway to hold the committee meetings via conference calls or other platforms in early May. In addition, and if appropriate, APGA will evaluate potential future dates for this year when we may coordinate Capitol Hill visits for APGA members. We appreciate your understanding as we work through these difficult times.
For questions, please contact Dave Schryver of APGA staff by phone at 202-464-2742 or by email at email@example.com